Shiitake Paté with Rice Crackers
1 teaspoon sesame oil
2 onions –small dice
3 lbs. fresh shiitake mushroom –stems removed & thinly sliced
2 tablespoons fresh ginger –grated for juice
1/4 cup walnuts –lightly toasted
1 tablespoon tahini
2 tablespoons shoyu
1. Sauté onions w/ salt for 10 to 15 minutes or until fully cooked. Add mushrooms & cook 3 more minutes.
2. Place mushroom mixture in a strainer placed over a bowl. Drain, reserving cooking liquid.
3. Combine all ingredients in a blender, add enough cooking liquid to achieve the desired consistency, and blend until smooth.
4. Refrigerate until firm & then serve with rice crackers.
* Indicates ingredients that should be added to taste.